1. Check your materials
Here’s what’s in your kit:
- 4mm hook (if you paid the additional charge)
- Stitch marker attached to blue yarn
- Tapestry needle
- 10mm safety eyes
- Poly-fil stuffing
- Yellow yarn
- White yarn
- Blue yarn, with some stitches already made and a stitch marker attached
You might not know yet what all these materials are for, but fret not, it will all be revealed soon. The only other things you’ll need are scissors and the pattern, and you’re good to go!
2. Download the pattern
Get the instructions for the Penguin.
3. Watch the tutorials
Completely new to crochet? Check out the video below to learn how to crochet the first few stitches of your Woobles crochet kit. You’ll learn:
- some basic crochet terminology
- how to hold a hook and yarn
- how to count stitches
- how to single crochet stitch, and
- how to increase stitch
👋 Are you a lefty? Watch the quick start video for lefties instead.
Lost track of where you are, or want to redo your stitches? Do your best to preserve the original magic loop that came with your kit! Since the magic loop is one of the trickiest techniques in crochet, you'll thank yourself later for keeping it intact. Watch these videos to learn how to:
- Undo stitches to get back to the magic loop
- Add stitches to the magic loop, in case you got a little too gung-ho about undoing stitches. This video shows you how to count the stitches in your magic loop, and add more if you need to.
- Crochet a magic loop. If you couldn't resist and undid the whole thing, start over by crocheting your own magic loop.
Once you get over the initial learning curve, you'll be crocheting on your merry way! One of the last pieces you'll make are the wings. Watch this video for a demo on how to finish the wings:
For more stitches and techniques, check out the rest of our tutorials.
Are you a lefty? Check out our lefty video tutorials.
Got stuck? Send us an email at email@example.com.
4. Share your progress
We love seeing the Woobles that people create. Tag us on Instagram @thewoobles, so we can cheer you on!