How to single crochet decrease (dec) for lefties
There are 2 ways to decrease single crochet. For amigurumi, crocheted stuffed dolls, an invisible decrease is much preferred because it helps keep your piece looking smooth on the outside.
1. Insert the hook under the front loops of the next 2 stitches.
2. Yarn over, and pull through the 2 front loops. There should now be 2 loops on your hook.
3. Yarn over, and pull through the 2 loops on the hook.
Here’s what an invisible decrease looks like when followed by a single crochet stitch. Hard to see the invisible decrease, right?
Alternative method: Regular decrease
2. Pull yarn through stitch. There should now be 2 loops on your hook.
3. Insert hook under both loops of next stitch, and yarn over.
4. Pull yarn through stitch. There should now be 3 loops on your hook.
5. Yarn over
6. Pull yarn through all 3 loops, and you’re done! There should only be 1 loop left on your hook.