How to make a slip knot left-handed
Make a slip knot to start flat crochet pieces, otherwise known as crocheted in rows.
1. Make a loop with the yarn, with the tail on top of the working yarn.
2. Put your index finger and thumb in a pinching gesture under the loop of the 4.
3. Put your fingers through the loop and pick up the working yarn, or the stem of the 4. Pull it through the loop.
4. Keep a hold on the yarn, and with your other hand, pull on the yarn tail until a knot forms.
5. Place the loop on your hook, with the slip knot to the right of the hook and the working yarn behind the hook.