1. Check your materials
Here’s what’s in your kit:
- 4mm hook (if you paid the additional charge)
- Stitch marker attached to orange yarn
- Tapestry needle
- 10mm safety eyes
- Poly-fil stuffing
- Black yarn
- White yarn
- Orange yarn, with some stitches already made and a stitch marker attached
You might not know yet what all these materials are for, but fret not, it will all be revealed soon. The only other thing you’ll need is scissors, and you’re good to go!
2. Download the pattern
Get the instructions for the Fox.
3. Watch the tutorials
Completely new to crochet? Check out the video below to learn how to crochet the first few stitches of your Woobles crochet kit. You’ll learn:
- some basic crochet terminology
- how to hold a hook and yarn
- how to count stitches
- how to single crochet stitch, and
- how to increase stitch
👋 Are you a lefty? Watch the quick start video for lefties instead.
Want to undo or redo your stitches?
Mistakes happen, even to the best of us. If you want to undo or redo any of your stitches, try to keep the original magic loop together. It's one of the trickiest techniques in crochet, so you'll thank yourself later for keeping it around.
- If your stitch marker is correctly in the first stitch of Round 2 – great! This means you can easily undo your stitches to get back to the beginning of Round 2.
- Forgot to put your stitch marker in? Your best bet is to reset back to the magic loop.
- If you got a little too gung-ho about undoing stitches and undid some of the magic loop, you'll need to add stitches back to the magic loop.
- Lastly, if you #CantStopWontStop and undid the whole thing, start over by crocheting a magic loop.
You'll also need to know how to change colors to complete the fox. Here's a tutorial to show you how to change colors less noticeably:
For more stitches and techniques, check out the rest of our tutorials.
Are you a lefty? Check out our lefty video tutorials.
Got stuck? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. Share your progress
We love seeing the Woobles that people create. Tag us on Instagram @thewoobles, so we can cheer you on!